Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

By 9:35 PM , , , , ,

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1)
     by: Jeaniene Frost

Publication Date: Oct. 30, 2007
Publisher: Avon
Genre: Paranormal/ Urban Fantasy
Age Group: Adult
Source: Borrowed from e-Library
Page Count: 358 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 5/5 stars

In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous. Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father--the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner--are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.


               -goodreads.com description


Oh, Bones.... be still my heart. I'd let him change me into a vampire any day! Cat, you crazy bitch, it took you long enough to jump on that!

The writing is a little immature, but I liked the book regardless. It was a fast read, and oh my there were some steamy scenes! Everyone has been saying how much Bones reminds them of Spike from Buffy. I think I agree.

Cat's goal in hunting vampires is revenge against her father who ruined her mother's life. She ends up teaming up with Bones, a master vampire/bounty hunter, and together they make a kick ass team. Along the way, of course they fall for each other. This book has some great, great lines.

Favorite Quotes:

“I'm saying that I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am, and you're what I need.” - Cat

“You're not a woman," he said finally. "You're the Grim Reaper with red hair!”- Bones

“MTV and video games have solved that problem as far as most of humanity goes. That, and telly, as it were.”
“Telly?” Who was that?
He grunted in amusement. “Television, of course. Don’t you speak English?”
“You sure don’t,” I muttered.
Shaking his head, he frowned at me.”

“No, I'm too tired to run, and you're too fast. You'd only catch me." "That's right, luv." Softly, but with unyielding resonance. "if you run from me, I'll chase you. And I'll find you. Bones said.” 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.