Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

By 9:51 PM , , , ,

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress #5)
     by: Jeaniene Frost

Publication Date: Feb. 22, 2011
Publisher: Avon
Genre: Paranormal
Age Group: Adult
Source: Borrowed from e-library
Page Count: 357 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 3/5 stars


Danger waits on both sides of the grave.

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they've triumphed over the latest battle, Cat's new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance . . .

With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing. A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous "ally"; the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war . . . to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.
                -goodreads.com description

I hate to admit it, but for the first time in this series, this book just didn't do it for me. Granted, it could be because I just blew through books three and four in the past two days. I'm glad that after last book's emotional ups and downs this one at least presented more stability for Cat and Bones. They are by far one of my favorite book couples.

I guess I just found the plot line a bit lacking and sluggish. Cat and Bones had some great moments together, but overall, it's just not one of my favorites.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.