Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Swoon Thursday #7

By 7:19 AM

 
Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA Bound.



Here's what you do:

From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell me what made you swoon. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering. Shout it out on twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments or grab the button above and share it on your blog.
This week's swoon comes from Keary Taylor's The Bane, from which I just finished. There is a love triangle in this book, and we have some swoony scenes from both guys.

"West scooted closer, shifting himself forward. He reached a hand toward me, placing his palm on my cheek, his thumb traveling from my cheek to my lips. I closed my eyes as heat tingled on the surface of my skin. "You feel things," he whispered again. His hand trailed down the side of my neck, down my arm until his fingers intertwined with mine. A quivering filled my stomach as I kept my eyes closed. My entire body felt like it hummed as I smelled West's presence, so close to me. It felt as if I could sense every surface of his body, so acutely aware of him as if he was an extension of my own being. West shifted again, the one hand still intertwined with mine, his other one coming up to the side of my neck. And then his lips were on mine."

"My lips were against his before I even allowed myself to consider what I was doing. My arms wrapped behind his neck at the same time that his wrapped around my waist. My insides surged in ways I didn't understand, and a feeling of what I could describe as nothing other than belonging settled into every corner of my being. Everything about his scent, his body, his presence brought on a flood of memories, sizzling with newness and anticipation. And almost as soon as it started, Avian pulled away, resting his forehead against mine, one of his hands pressing softly against my bare stomach."

And finally:

"I didn't even remember feeling my feet slap the pavement as I ran toward him, my eyes never leaving his face. In that moment, every memory I had of him, every second we had spent together, flashed through my mind. I rain straight into blood-soaked arms. I threw my arms around his shoulders, crushing him into myself, pressing my lips to his with a heat that burned me from the inside out. --------'s assault rifle fell to the ground with a clutter as he wrapped one arm around my waist, bringing his other hand up behind my neck. Everything about his lips, his breathing, the way his body melted into mine left me craving more."

SIGH- what made you guys swoon this week?!

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Loved that last swoon... you cut the name out!! Oooh.... Fantastic!!!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I did cut out the name. I didn't want to give anything away! But I re-read that scene a couple of times because I loved it so much.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, what a great meme! Now I'll definitely be thinking about which passages make me swoon the most when I'm reading. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite memes to do every week!! It's so fun to see what everyone posts!

      Delete
  3. Oh I want to read that and this swoon makes me want to read it even more! Great pick!

    My Swoon

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva! I loved that this book had quite a bit of romance packed into it.

      Delete
  4. I've never read anything by Keary Taylor! Those are some long excerpts! Great choices! :D

    Here is my Swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first Keary Taylor book and I'm looking forward to the next one!

      Delete
  5. OMG! Awesome Swoons! I want this book now!!!!! Thanks for visiting me :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for stopping by Lindy! If you like sci-fi and romance this is definitely a pretty good read!

      Delete
  6. Great swoons! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice swoon!! I'm not familiar with this book but it sounds like it would be an interesting read.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn- if you like sci-fi, dystopian, this is a good read.

      Delete
  8. *Sigh* I love Keary Taylor. I haven't got this yet I have another week or 2 before I can get it. If I hadn't already planned on getting it this would have won me over good pick!!

    Sheri @ Perks of Being a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. *sigh*

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of this one. Need to check it out soon because this guy sounds yuuuummy!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting! I hope you have an awesome weekend!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both definitely yummy! And both in different ways! I found myself rooting for both of them.

      Delete
  11. Omg! I need to read this really soon!

    Thanks for stoping by my swoon!

    Ally @ book fixation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely an enjoyable read. Thanks for stopping by also!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.