Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Cover Re-Reveal: Playing With Her Heart by Lauren Blakely

By 9:30 AM , , , ,

Playing With Her Heart (Caught Up in Us #3)
 by: Lauren Blakely
Contemporary Romance
Cover Design by: Sarah Hansen from Okay Designs
Released: Aug. 18, 2013
 

Twenty-three year old rising theatre star Jill McCormick has built a life out of pretending. Pretending she's happy, pretending she's not haunted by the dark secret that shattered her world six years ago. But then she comes face to face with her new director -- sexy, sophisticated, jealous, all-alpha, dirty-talking Davis Milo. He tries to resist the actress he's cast, but the attraction between them is too powerful, and soon their private rehearsals spiral into new, forbidden territory. The connection, the chemistry is undeniable, and it hits them anywhere, and everywhere -- in the theater, on the piano, in the limo, in the restaurant...But the tragedy in Jill's past stands between them. Davis has walls too, so they can either face their fears together, or risk the most intense love, sex and passion either has ever felt...
 
 

Check out of my 5 star review of Playing With Her Heart   here!
 
Excerpt:
From Lauren: "This short excerpt is from chapter 12 when Davis unclips Jill's hair, and it served as the inspiration for the new look for the cover. To me, this short moment says so much about their relationship."
 
He leans into the car, reaches for the seat belt, and pulls it across my chest, buckling me in. He’s inches from me, and he smells cold like the night air. But he also smells the way a man should at the end of the day: a little bit of sweat, a lot of work, and all raw power. He brings one hand behind my head and unclips my hair, letting it fall over his fingers. I tremble from his touch as a shiver runs down my spine. “I like your hair up and I like your hair down,” he whispers to me, breaking down all my resistance in an instant.
 
I can see this playing out if I do nothing—I’ll spend it rewinding this moment and putting it on repeat all night long. But I don’t want to go home with only a memory to feed my body, and I can’t stand the thought of this night ending too soon.
 
I make my choice. There’s only one choice. “Do you want to share?” I ask, praying he lives in the same direction.
 
“You’re downtown, right?”
 
I nod.
“Me too.”
 
Other Books in the Caught Up in Us series:
 

 

About Lauren Blakely:

Lauren Blakely is an unabashed fan of clever jokes, toast, and good guys in novels. Like the heroine in CAUGHT UP IN US, she thinks life should be filled with movie kisses and coffee drinks. Lauren lives in California with her husband and children, and spends her days writing both true stories and make-believe ones.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.