Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Collide by Melissa West

By 7:12 AM , , , ,

Collide (The Taking #3)
   by: Melissa West

Publication Date: Feb. 9, 2015
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Genre: Science Fiction
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: e-ARC provided via NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 320 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars

Military legacy Ari Alexander has survived alien spies, WWIV, and a changing world order. But when the new leader of Earth uses Jackson—the only boy she's ever let herself care about—to get to her, Ari has no choice but to surrender.

To free Jackson, she agrees to travel to the national bases to train others to fight. What she discovers is a land riddled with dying people. Ari has the power to heal by turning the fighters into aliens—half-breeds like her. If she succeeds, together, they have a chance at overthrowing the alien leader, Zeus. But if she fails, everyone she holds dear will be wiped away forever.


Once again, everything Ari’s come to believe is thrown into question. In a world of uncertainty, loyalties are tested, lies are uncovered, and no one can be trusted. If Ari and Jackson have any hope at survival and at preserving a life for the future, they must fight the final war with their eyes wide open.

 
 
I am just so freaking in love with this series you guys. Seriously. I never wanted it to end and the ending was definitely bittersweet because I wasn't ready to leave these characters or this world. Whenever an author releases the final book in the series, it's always nerve-wracking because you don't want to be disappointed. West does a great job of doing her story and her characters justice, leaving us with a finale that is full of action, romance, and anticipation!
 
Ari is without a doubt one of my favorite Young Adult female heroines. Having been trained as an Operative, she is tough as nails, not backing down from a fight. In the past she has been known to act first and think later, so I enjoyed seeing her more practical side here. I love that West has created a believable heroine though. As kickass as Ari is, she does feel emotion and there are times when she wants to break down and cry. She knows she doesn't have that luxury and even in the face of all-consuming grief, she must push on. The fate of humankind is at stake and she is one of the most important players in saving them.
 
I adored the romance in this series. I love Jackson so much and he and Ari are such a good balance for one another. Not only do they depend on another, but they trust each other implicitly. They look to one another for guidance and they are equals in every way. There are so many swoon-worthy moments in this one. Every time Ari and Jackson were alone together, I just wanted to sigh in contentment because they are so adorable. They love one another and would do anything to ensure the other survives. Faced with insurmountable odds, they stand strong together and have hope they will be able to have a future of peace and stability.
 
As I said, this book definitely ramps up the action as our characters are preparing for imminent war. The big showdown with Zeus was riddled with events I never saw coming, and some were absolutely heartbreaking. West also messes with our minds in this one, and I loved every minute of trying to discern what was real and what was an illusion. I thought that addition was freaking fantastic!
 
Overall, I am really happy with the way this series was concluded. West has done a great job ensuring all storylines are wrapped up, even though there were a few characters I would have liked to know a bit more about where they ended up in the very end. If you are looking for a great Young Adult science fiction series with one awesome romance- this is the one to pick up.

 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I seriously have to get started on this series! I love Melissa's writing so I know I am going to love this series. Hopefully soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to start this series! It sounds like a sci-fi book I would really get lost in! And the characters, especially Ari, sound like characters I would thoroughly enjoy!

    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.