Tasty Tuesday #7
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Teriyaki Meatballs and Cilantro-Lime Rice
-1lb. lean ground beef
-1/2 cup Italian or Seasoned bread crumbs
-1/4 cup milk
-2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-1 and 1/2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
-garlic salt and power to taste
-3 cups dried brown rice, instant
-2 tsp olive oil
-1/2 lime, squeezed for juice
-3 tbsp. cilantro, chopped finely
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, egg, parmesan cheese, black pepper, teriyaki sauce, and garlic salt and powder. I use my hands and knead and mix it up really well. It has to be packable to turn into meatballs.
3. I cook meatballs in a baking pan that comes with a rack inside. I put foil down also and spray the rack with cooking spray to prevent too much sticking. Pack meatballs to whatever size you desire. I do mine so I can fit 3 across and like 6 down or so. You can also put meatballs in a crockpot if you desire to cook that way.
(pan I use)
4. Cook meatballs about 30 minutes.
5. While meatballs are cooking, prepare rice. I make three cups according to instructions on back of rice box.
6. In a medium size bowl, put in 2 tsp olive oil, lime juice, and cilantro. When rice is finished, pour rice into bowl and mix well.
7. Finally, spoon meatballs onto rice and add more teriyaki sauce if you so desire. (I do!)
1. If you are not a teriyaki fan, soy sauce works just as well with this one.
Serving Size: I don't really measure this one out. I usually have 3 meatballs on a bed of rice, as shown above.
Serves: 4, maybe more?
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Recipe taken from a few different sources. Chelsea from Starbucks & Books Obsession gave me the initial idea, but meatball recipe is from my aunt, and cilantro-lime rice is from skinnytaste.com