Tasty Tuesday #9
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Feta Stuffed Chicken Burgers
-1 lb. extra lean ground chicken
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1 tbsp. oregano
-7 tbsp. feta cheese
-4 reduced calorie hamburger buns
-2/3 cups roasted red peppers
-1 cup lettuce
1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, oregano, garlic, and feta. Divide into 4 balls- form into patties. (They will firm up once they grill, so no worries about the texture.)
2. Grill patties until internal temp is 165 degrees. (About 7-8 minutes per side.)
3. Serve with 1/4 cup lettuce and 1/4 cup red peppers.
1. If you're like me and don't have a grill/don't know how to grill, I just use a grill pan on the stove. Works the same and tastes just as good.
2. Above, I used Alexia fries. They are 95% fat free and are a better alternative to regular ones.
3. You can see pictured I used a bit of mayo (the one with olive oil), but really- with the red peppers, the burger is juicy and really doesn't need any additives. I just like mayo.
Serving Size: 1 patty= 1 serving
Cook Time: 15 minutes
WW+: 7 points for burger, 3 points for 1 serving size of fries, and 2 points for feta on salad and dressing.