Tasty Tuesday #16
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
(Another one of Cassie's awesome recipes!)
With Cinco de Mayo coming up, this is a great healthy alternative!
-3 green bell peppers
-1lb. ground turkey
-1 bag, boil-in-bag brown rice
-taco seasoning mix
-salt and pepper
1. Boil rice in bag according to directions.
2. Cut tops off 2 of the peppers and deseed. For third pepper, chop 1/4 of pepper to use later.
3. Brown ground turkey. Add 1/8 cup of water and then add taco seasoning packet, cumin, adobo, salt and pepper.
4. Set peppers in a glass oven safe dish. At bottom of green pepper, add rice and chopped green pepper. Then add dollop of taco sauce.
5. Stuff with ground turkey. Top with cheese and salsa.
6. Repeat process with second pepper.
7. Place remaining rice, a bit of chopped green pepper, salsa, cheese around peppers in dish like above.
8. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes.
9. Top with sour cream (if so desired).
*Cassie used black beans at the bottom of her peppers. If you like them, you can add those or you can even use corn if you'd like. There are lots of variations you can do!
Serving Size: 1 pepper and half of leftover rice mixture in glass dish.
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Recipe originally taken from The Casserole. See HERE.