Tasty Tuesday #19
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Pepperoni Pizza Burgers
-1 lb. lean ground beef
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp garlic powder
-4 hamburger buns
-4 basil leaves
-1 tsp oregano
-1 tsp crushed red pepper
-2 medium plum tomatoes (sliced)
-1 1/2 oz. parmesan cheese (sliced)
-1 oz. pepperoni
1. Coat grill with spray. (Or in my case I used a grill pan on top of my stove!)
2. In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, garlic powder, oregano, red pepper. Divide into 4 patties.
3. Place sliced tomatoes on grill- cook until grill marks appear.
4. Remove and recoat with spray. Place burgers on grill. Sprinkle each burger with 1/4 of cheese about 2 minutes before finished cooking on second side.
5. Serve each burger with 1 basil leaf and 1/4 oz. pepperoni.
*I actually used a half slice of provolone instead of parmesan cheese. I wasn't sure where to find sliced parmesan, so I went with what I had.
*This time around I actually used turkey pepperoni, which I LOVE. I usually go to the deli and just ask for 4 slices of pepperoni, but I had smaller turkey pepperoni so I just layered on bottom of bun.
*Since I cooked in grill pan, I believe I cooked burgers for about 6-7 minutes on each side and then just cut to check it was cooked to my preference.
Serving Size: 1 burger
Cook Time: 14 minutes
WW+: 8 pts.
Recipe taken from weightwatchers.com