Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Blame it on the Kiss by Robin Bielman

By 8:00 AM , , , , ,

Blame it on the Kiss (Kisses in the Sand #2)
    by: Robin Bielman

Publication Date: June 9, 2015
Publisher: Entangled: Bliss
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult
Source: e-ARC received via the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 208 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 3/5 stars

The one guy she shouldn't want...

Honor Mitchell has lived with guilt and regret for a long time, so when she promises to do the things on her dying best friend's wish list, she's determined to follow through and do something right for a change. But when she's thrown together for wedding duties with the one man who complicates her vow--just by looking at him--she has to put her faith in Bryce Bishop's pledge to help her, no strings attached.

Bryce's near one-night stand with his ex-girlfriend's best friend a few months ago might have been a mistake, but helping the beautiful, free-spirited Honor with her promise isn't. His trust in women is shot, but he can't help but play his best man card to his advantage and help Honor tick off the items on his ex's list, even if it puts him in a no-win situation. Because his assistance might get Honor what she wants, but suddenly being the do-good guy puts his plans--and heart--in serious jeopardy.
  
 
 
Blame it on the Kiss is the second book in Robin Bielman's Kisses in the Sand series and I was thrilled to see we were getting Bryce and Honor's story! I really enjoyed their banter in Keeping Mr. Right Now, so I was hoping we would see more of them. This was a cute story, but I found myself getting a bit frustrated with their indecisiveness.
 
I understand the hesitation, I do. Honor feels like she is betraying her best friend Payton, by going after the guy she was in love with- even though Payton broke things off with him long before she passed. Bryce is reluctant to jump into another relationship, because he was left heart broken after Payton ended things. However, the attraction between the two is too powerful to ignore.
 
Bryce and Honor can't seem to stay away from one another, even after their wedding duties to Sophie and Zane are over. Bryce stumbled across Honor's to do before 25 list, that Payton had made, and is determined to be the one to help her cross of the one-night stand activity. Things get a bit complicated, as Bryce is wanting to be the agent to represent Honor's younger brother, Cooper, and Cooper has made it clear that his work and family do not mix.
 
I liked both Honor and Bryce's characters, but they could drive me a bit crazy at times. Honor has never really had a serious relationship since high school, and because she wasn't ready to jump into a commitment then, events were put into play that still affect her even today. Bryce is in denial that he can just walk away from Honor after their night together is through. It's so evident she means more than a casual fling!
 
It was nice to see Sophie and Bryce again though. Seeing them happy and in love definitely made my day!
 
Overall, this was a cute romance, even though I had a few issues with it. Some of the beginning felt rather awkward and didn't flow as seamlessly as I would have liked with Honor and Bryce. I was happy with the chemistry between the two and the build up, but I do wish we would have gotten a bit more at the same time.
 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yes! Okay so it wasn't just me!! *Whew* I felt like the beginning was pretty awkward as well and just didn't flow so I was actually worried I missed something significant from starting with this one! I feel like we had kind of the same experience with this one except you had the advantage of reading book 1 and I haven't yet. But I do want to go back and read Sophie and Zane's story they seem like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds cute but I do hear where you are coming from with your struggles. Still, at least you enjoyed overall. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I've been super into contemporary romance lately, but I'm not sure if I would love this one. But maybe I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the first book in this series, but that set up has me seriously worried. It's a bit too messy/complicated for me. :/ Hmmm, I will have to think on this one.
    Thanks for your review! I hadn't even heard about the book until just now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.