Tasty Tuesday #46
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Grilled Rosemary Chicken and Red Peppers with Cucumber Relish
-2 cups, plain fat-free Greek yogurt
-3 cloves, garlic, finely chopped
-2 tbsp. rosemary
-4 tbsp. lemon juice (I used lime instead)
-1lb. uncooked chicken breasts, cut into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces
-2 large red peppers, cut into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces
-1 large cucumber, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (do not peel)
-1/4 cup, red onion, finely chopped
-1 tbsp. parsley
-2 tsp. olive oil
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cups of yogurt, 2 chopped garlic cloves, rosemary and lime juice.
2. Add chicken and let mixture marinate at least 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
3. Coat stove top grill pan with cooking spray. Place grill pan over medium high heat and cook chicken and peppers, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, about 6-7 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, to make relish- in a medium bowl, combine cucumber, onion, remaining 1/2 cup of yogurt, remaining chopped garlic clove, parsley, oil, salt, and pepper.
5. Serve relish over chicken. Yields about 1 and 1/2 cup of chicken and peppers and 1/2 cup of relish.
Next time I will probably only use 1 cup of Greek yogurt for the marinade.
Serving Size: 1 and 1/2 cup of chicken and peppers, 1/2 cup relish
WW+: 6 pts.
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
My Rating: I'd give this recipe 3/5 stars. I enjoyed it, but I don't know that I'll make it again. I like cucumbers, but I don't LOVE them.
Recipe taken from www.weightwatchers.com