Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry

By 8:00 AM , , , , ,

Walk the Edge (Thunder Road #2)
   by: Katie McGarry

Publication Date: March 29, 2016
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Purchased
Page Count: 384 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars

One moment of recklessness will change their worlds.

Smart. Responsible. That's seventeen-year-old Breanna's role in her large family, and heaven forbid she put a toe out of line. Until one night of shockingly un-Breanna-like behavior puts her into a vicious cyber-bully's line of fire—and brings fellow senior Thomas "Razor" Turner into her life.

Razor lives for the Reign of Terror motorcycle club, and good girls like Breanna just don't belong. But when he learns she's being blackmailed over a compromising picture of the two of them—a picture that turns one unexpected and beautiful moment into ugliness—he knows it's time to step outside the rules.

And so they make a pact: he'll help her track down her blackmailer, and in return she'll help him seek answers to the mystery that's haunted him—one that not even his club brothers have been willing to discuss. But the more time they spend together, the more their feelings grow. And suddenly they're both walking the edge of discovering who they really are, what they want, and where they're going from here.

 
 
Having really enjoyed Nowhere But Here, I was really excited to get my hands on Razor's book. I got even more excited after hearing Katie McGarry talk about how she wrote this book for her daughter because of a social media incident that happened when she was younger. Breanna is definitely a character that I think a lot of girls will be able to connect to, as who doesn't want to fit in high school? No one wants to be teased or ridiculed and with social media being the way it is, it's so easy to ruin reputations and twist innocent things to look bad.
 
My heart ached for Breanna. She is such a sweetheart and I hated how she was brushed aside by her family. She is shy and super smart, but what she wants most of all is to be noticed. She has gone for so long feeling ignored by her own family and sliding under the radar at school. However, making waves isn't her thing and while she wants change, she doesn't want it in a drastic manner. Being around Razor will definitely make waves and give her attention, but it's the negative kind, as everyone thinks they know all about the Reign of Terror MC. However, Razor ends up being the one person who truly sees Breanna for who she is and he accepts all of her. That boy made me swoon like crazy and I love how he and Breanna end up being just what the other needs.
 
Razor is a good guy, but he has been having some issues with the club and his father lately. He may be patched in, but the club doesn't trust him and he doesn't trust the club, which is a huge problem. The club is a family. They are a brotherhood and would sacrifice their life for another. The tension between Razor and the club is high due to a mystery Razor can't let go of. He enlists Breanna's help in deciphering a code he found that will lead to answers and in turn he offers her his protection.
 
I absolutely could not stand Breanna's family. I understand that they have a lot of kids but she was never made a priority and that wasn't fair. She tried talking to her mom about what was happening with Kyle blackmailing her and her mom pushed her aside to deal with her older sister's drama. The whole situation just rubbed me the wrong way and I don't really feel it was resolved in the end. Her parents went from one extreme to the other and it bothered me that they only saw what they wanted instead of what their daughter was trying to tell them. Razor's relationship with his father is strained as well, but mostly because Razor feels his father is betraying his mother's memory. I don't agree with the way Razor's dad handled everything, but that doesn't change the fact that he is human and makes mistakes. These two just needed to open the lines of communication instead of letting it fester and turn into a blowout.
 
It was nice to see Emily and Oz again, as well as Chevy and Violet. I am super excited for Violet's book, even though I know it's going to kill my heart. This girl has been through hell and back and I love how strong she is. However, she's not without her breaking point and we saw a glimpse of that here. I am really looking forward to seeing how McGarry handles her story. Overall, I am totally invested in this series and the MC and can't wait for more!
 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I've had no reading time so I'm still reading this one but I am absolutely loving it, even more so than Nowhere But Here. Razor and Breanna are breaking my heart and Breannas family is on my last nerve. Katie McGarry never disappoints and I cannot wait to finish this one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to read this, but I'm a little nervous because I didn't love Nowhere But Here. I'm so glad to hear you really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously need to start reading McGarry's books, since I keep hearing so many awesome things about her books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to start this series! I love her other series and this one sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.