Tasty Tuesday #53
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
-12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
-1 lb. ground sirloin
-4 cups marinara sauce
-1 green pepper, diced
-1/2 onion, diced
-8 ounces shredded reduced-fat Italian-blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain.
3. While pasta cooks, cook beef, peppers, and onions in a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain beef mixure and return to pan.
4. Stir in 3 cups of marinara sauce; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
5. Combine cooked pasta and 1 cup of marinara sauce. Place pasta mixture in a 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. Spoon beef mixture over pasta mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.
The original recipe calls for mushrooms instead of peppers and onion.
Serving Size: 1/10 of casserole
Cook Time: 15 minutes
My Rating: LOVED this! So good!
Recipe taken from Weight Watchers cookbook.