Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Fool Me Once by Katee Robert

By 7:00 AM , , , , , , ,

Fool Me Once (Foolproof Love #2)
    by: Katee Robert

Publication Date: Aug. 1, 2016
Publisher: Entangled: Brazen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult
Source: e-ARC received via the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 170 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars

They say opposites attract, but this is just ridiculous.

Aubry Kaiser doesn’t like people—actually, that’s not right. She loathes people. With her crippling anxiety, there’s no way she can demo her favorite video game at a convention with five thousand other people. Maybe if she brings someone to act as a shield…

But the only person available is the sexy cowboy she can’t stand.

Quinn Baldwyn is in a mess of his own. He’s been dodging his wealthy family’s matchmaking attempts—and life advice—for years, but with his sister’s wedding on the horizon, he needs of a shield of his own.

He and Aubry can barely hold down a civil conversation, but in bed…fireworks. And the closer they get to Quinn’s sister’s wedding, the more he realizes that he might actually like Aubry.

Now it’s up to him to convince her she might actually like him, too.
  
 
 
I had so much fun with this book! Enemies to lovers, road trips, fake dating trope... it's like the trifecta of awesome! Oh and Aubry is a freaking gamer and Quinn is a big, sexy cowboy, so yeah- I was won over from the start!
 
I LOVED these two together! They had such great banter and that hate to love relationship was super hot- their chemistry was just so undeniable. I liked seeing them progress from 'dealing with' one another to actually enjoying each other's company. These two might start off their relationship with just sex, but seeing it progress to more was everything.
 
They also balance each other really well. They may be going on this trip together for their own selfish purposes, but it just works. Aubry is terrified of crowds and has social anxiety, where Quinn oozes confidence. He really does a great job helping distract and keep her wits about her. Quinn's reasons for taking Aubry to his sister's wedding may have started as a ruse to shock his parents and give them the proverbial finger, but he ends up really falling for her and it was hard to see him suffer through his parents' hoity toity behavior.
 
I really enjoyed their friends Adam, Jules, and Daniel too. I really hope Daniel's book is next because I just wanted to hug that man hard. He is stealing dealing with the ghosts of his past and I am looking forward to seeing him find peace and move forward.
 
I definitely recommend this book if you're looking for a short, sexy, fun read filled with sexy banter and some very sexy scenes!
 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Yes! I had so much fun with this one too. These two together were hottt with that hate to love! I'm glad you liked this too, Jess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a super SEXY read!! And like you said, it's the perfect blend of ALL THE THINGS to add in a romance book! I love it when the characters act like they don't really like each other but at the end of the day THEY FALL HARD FOR EACH OTHER because they just can't deny their attraction any longer. It's just so... GAH! I LURVE IT!♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I love a road trip and the enemies to lovers sounds awesome in this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally adding this one to the wish list because it sounds fantastic for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.