Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

By 7:35 AM , , , ,

One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6)
    by: Jeaniene Frost

Publication Date: Aug. 30, 2011
Publisher: Avon Books
Genre: Fantasy/Paranormal
Age Group: Adult
Source: Borrowed from e-Library
Page Count: 358 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 2.5/5 stars

How do you send a killer to the grave when he's already dead?

Having narrowly averted an (under)World War, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans's voodoo queen just keeps on giving--leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.

Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he takes physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity--forever. But one wrong step and they'll be digging their own graves.

                                    -goodreads.com description

I hate giving negative reviews but I was so disappointed in this book. And I LOVE this series. Cat and Bones are awesome and all of the side characters are just fun to read about! This book, however, just didn't catch my interest. I think the storyline was just a little flat. Cat still has the ability to call on ghosts, thanks to the New Orleans voodoo queen. She is approached with the threat of an ghost who can turn corporeal on Halloween and tortures and burns three women he considers "witches". It is up to Cat and the gang to figure out how to stop this ghost from completing his mission and save the women.

Cat and Bones, however, were great. I love those two together and they make a great team. They protect each other, fight for each other, and respect each other. Bones was not as crazy about letting Cat go off on her own in this novel, which really shows he's trying to not be too territorial of her. This is huge progress for them.

Tate and the gang didn't make much of an appearance this time around, which was fine by me, since Tate was getting on my last nerve. Don, however, Cat's uncle, was a pretty important part of this novel, especially with his new 'status'. We are also introduced to the new head honcho of the unit, who is a complete jerk. I'm curious to see his role in the next book.

Here's what I need for the seventh book:

1. Lots of Cat and Bones cuteness and fun
2. Vlad and Ian.
3. A fast-paced storyline with lots of action



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Agreed! I want more Ian too- he cracks me up! And I haven't read the Cmas novella! I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.