Tasty Tuesday #8
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
-8oz. whole wheat spaghetti
-6 slices bacon
-2 cups diced tomatoes
-1/8 tsp salt and pepper
-1 tsp olive oil
-1 onion, diced
-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Cook pasta until al dente; reserve 1/4 cup water and drain pasta.
2. Heat oil in skillet- cook bacon and remove.
3. Add onion and cook until lightly browned.
4. Crumble bacon in pan and add tomatoes and red pepper flakes.
5. Toss to mix and coat.
6. Add pasta and reserved water to tomato sauce. Toss to coat.
* I am NOT a bacon fan. There, I said it. I never in a million years thought I would like this recipe, but holy moly- I DID! Crumbling the bacon up helps too. I also use thinly sliced bacon (from a box, don't judge) and I think that helps my palette too.
Serving Size: 1 and 1/2 cups= 1 serving
Cook Time: 12 minutes
WW+: 7 pts.
Recipe taken from Weight Watchers magazine.