Tasty Tuesday #47
Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
Today I am featuring:
Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu
-4 thin, boneless skinless cutlets, 4 oz. each
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/4 cup flour
-1/2 tsp. butter
-1 and 1/2 tsps. olive oil
-2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
-1 tbsp. lemon juice
-1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
-4 thin slices low sodium deli ham
-4 slices light Swiss cheese
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Place flour in a shallow dish and lightly dredge the chicken with flour on both sides, shaking off the excess reserving the flour.
3. In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and 1 tsp. of reserved flour and whisk until smooth.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add 1 tsp. olive oil and half of the chicken.
5. Cook 2 minutes on each side, until slightly golden, then transfer to a dish. Add remaining 1/2 tsp. of olive oil and remaining chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side. Set aside with the other pieces of chicken.
6. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the chicken broth mixture. Whisk scraping up any bits stuck to the pan then simmer 2 minutes to reduce slightly. Return chicken to the skillet, top each with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese.
7. Cover the skillet and simmer medium-low for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
8. To serve, use a spatula and transfer the chicken to each dish, spoon the remaining sauce over each piece.
- I would forego the salt next time. It was a bit salty to me.
- I also should have pounded the chicken out a bit thinner.
Serving Size: 1 piece of chicken
WW Smart Points: 5
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
My Rating: 4 stars! I really enjoyed this one! It was super tasty!