Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Mini Reviews: A Fool For You by Katee Robert, Twisted Palace by Erin Watt, The Goal by Elle Kennedy

By 7:00 AM , , , , , , , , , , ,

A Fool For You (Foolproof Love #3)
   by: Katee Robert

Publication Date: Oct. 3, 2016
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult
Source: e-ARC received via the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 141 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 3/5 stars

It’s been thirteen years since Hope Moore left Devil’s Falls, land of sexy cowboys and bad memories. Back for the weekend, she has no intention of seeing the man she never got over…or the two of them getting down and dirty. It’s just a belated goodbye, right? No harm, no foul.

Until six weeks later, when her pregnancy test comes back positive…

Daniel Rodriguez hasn’t forgiven himself for how things went down with Hope all those years ago. He knows she’s better off without him, but when she shows up on his doorstep, panicking because she’s pregnant with his baby, he can’t help seeing it as a chance to make up for the past.

Too bad Hope has no intention of going along with his plans.
  

 
 
I was really looking forward to Hope and Daniel's book after Fool Me Twice. There is so much history between these two and after the death of Hope's brother, things have never been the same. Daniel made some poor decisions and he has to live with those every day of his life along with the guilt he feels over his friend's death.

I would have enjoyed this one more, had it not been so rushed. For this kind of story, I really wanted to see more development and build up between the characters. Hope and Daniel were both frustrating to me. Neither one of them can admit they want the other to stay and start over. They loved one another once and those feelings never went away. Hope is hurt that Daniel left her all those years ago and she can't take his feeling sorry for her. She doesn't want him to be with her out of guilt. She wants his love and he is certainly not making that easy. Daniel doesn't feel worthy of Hope and he does still blame himself for her brother's death and the scars she still bears from that accident. I get that these two are facing a lot, but the execution just wasn't there for me. I was disappointed because of how excited I was for this book, but in the end, I am glad to see they got their HEA.
 
I also don't think one is very memorable. It's been a couple of weeks since I've read it and I really didn't remember much, except that it felt too fast. I'm looking forward to the next book by Robert. I do love her writing and hope the next one will be more to my liking.



Twisted Palace (The Royals #3)
   by: Erin Watt

Publication Date: Oct. 17, 2016
Publisher: Self-Published
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Mature Young Adult
Source: e-ARC received via Nina Bocci in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 370 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 3.5/5 stars

These Royals will ruin you…

From mortal enemies to unexpected allies, two teenagers try to protect everything that matters most.

Ella Harper has met every challenge that life has thrown her way. She’s tough, resilient, and willing to do whatever it takes to defend the people she loves, but the challenge of a long-lost father and a boyfriend whose life is on the line might be too much for even Ella to overcome.

Reed Royal has a quick temper and even faster fists. But his tendency to meet every obstacle with violence has finally caught up with him. If he wants to save himself and the girl he loves, he’ll need to rise above his tortured past and tarnished reputation.

No one believes Ella can survive the Royals. Everyone is sure Reed will destroy them all.
They may be right.

With everything and everyone conspiring to keep them apart, Ella and Reed must find a way to beat the law, save their families, and unravel all the secrets in their Twisted Palace.

 
 
This series has been the biggest guilty pleasure for me. I am so completely invested in these characters and all the drama that surrounds them. After the mega double cliffhanger of Broken Prince, I was so ready to get my hands on Twisted Palace.
 
Overall, I enjoyed the book. It wasn't my favorite because I didn't really like some of the developments that occurred. However, I was engaged the entire way through, even though I felt it was a bit of a slower paced read. The action and adventure really ramps up at the end and then I felt it just went too fast for me. I didn't feel resolved. I do think they will write more books with these characters (or I'm hoping so!).

I did love Ella and Reed together though. These two have come a long way and we really see that. While the Royals will always be protective of Ella, they have come to realize that she is a force on her own and they definitely respect that.

While I didn't love this one like the others, I am seriously hoping for more. We definitely need an Easton book and I personally would like a Gideon one. We barely saw him in this one and after all the shit with Dinah, I felt he should have played a larger role and gotten some resolution.



The Goal (Off-Campus #4)
  by: Elle Kennedy

Publication Date: Sept. 26, 2016
Publisher: Self-Published
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Source: e-ARC received via Nina Bocci in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 350 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars

She’s good at achieving her goals…

College senior Sabrina James has her whole future planned out: graduate from college, kick butt in law school, and land a high-paying job at a cutthroat firm. Her path to escaping her shameful past certainly doesn’t include a gorgeous hockey player who believes in love at first sight. One night of sizzling heat and surprising tenderness is all she’s willing to give John Tucker, but sometimes, one night is all it takes for your entire life to change.

But the game just got a whole lot more complicated

Tucker believes being a team player is as important as being the star. On the ice, he’s fine staying out of the spotlight, but when it comes to becoming a daddy at the age of twenty-two, he refuses to be a bench warmer. It doesn’t hurt that the soon-to-be mother of his child is beautiful, whip-smart, and keeps him on his toes. The problem is, Sabrina’s heart is locked up tight, and the fiery brunette is too stubborn to accept his help. If he wants a life with the woman of his dreams, he’ll have to convince her that some goals can only be made with an assist.
  


 
 
I am such a huge fan of this series. It is definitely one of my all-time favorites in New Adult. After the massive bomb Tucker dropped at the end of The Score, I was psyched to get this book to see how everything had built up to that point.
 
I absolutely LOVED Tucker. He is just such a sweetheart and I loved how he went after Sabrina, even despite how much Dean ranted about her. He really got to know Sabrina and how to treat her. She has been through a lot and has quite a bit of shit to deal with already. Her homelife is a disaster and all she wants to do is be successful, so she can move upwards and onwards with her life. I knew she would be reluctant with Tucker and would be a hard nut to crack, but I actually really liked her. She's resilient and independent and that doesn't just change overnight.
 
I did feel parts of this book dragged a bit for me and I honestly wish we had had more interaction with Tucker's friends. I understand why, as they were keeping their relationship a secret, but I did find myself missing them. The scenes they were in though, completely made my day. I love that crew.
I really hope Dean's sister gets a book with Fitzy. Fingers crossed. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I so cannot wait to start The Deal.... I know I am going to love it because I love Kennedy's books. Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mini reviews! I can't wait to start The Goal! And now that all three books are out, I'm going to finally read The Royals series! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.